The History of the Computers and the Internet
...or How the Heck did this stuff get started anyhow?
|"If someone says 'can't,' that shows you what to do."|
Sites Relating to the History of Computing
- Smithsonian Computer History
- The Smithsonian Computer History Section includes an on-line slide
show of their "Information Age" exhibit and the text of oral histories they are collecting from people who are the innovators of the computer era.
- The Virtual Museum of Computing
- The virtual museum is a collection of links to information about computers and computer history. A very detailed index indeed.
- Chronology of Personal Computers
- "This document is an attempt to bring various published sources together to present a timeline about Personal Computers."
- The History of Silicon Valley
- A short history of the computer industry in Silicon Valley.
- History of Silicon Valley and the Technology Behind It
- An extensive collection of links to information on the history of computers, the web, the computer companies, and Silicon Valley itself.
- A large collection of links relating to computer historydefinitely
worth a look if you didn't find what you are after here.
Sites Relating to the History of the Internet
- Hobbes' Internet Timeline
- A nice compilation of the history of the Internet, complete with a
chronological discussion and graphs showing the explosive growth is housed by
the Internet Society.
- History and Impact of the Net
- If you prefer your history with greater detail, read the book on-line! This hypertext
text is a good read for the enquiring mind who is curious about the evolution of the Internet.
Top of This Page
Return to the Language Index
At some point during your visit, please be sure to read our Disclaimer and Copyright
Common Concerns |
History & Jargon |
Other Resources |
Panic Button |
Site Guide |
Credits Contact & Info
Another hand-woven web site from
© Copyright 1995- Imaginary Landscape.
This page is archived at http://www.imagescape.com/helpweb