Other Helpful Sites
...or "Where to Look if You Didn't Find It Here"
|"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much."|
- "Helping each other use the Net to reach for our dreams." This online community offers resources to help "the world's non-technical majority" navigate the Net.
- Learn the Net
- Learn the Net is a guide for beginners that is available in four different
languages. Their aim is to be the friendliest guide on the internet.
- Ask Dr. Internet
- Ask Dr. Internet is a guide which features newsletters where people get to ask Dr. Internet their burning questions about using the internet. This is an excellent source of information and you can contribute by asking the good Doctor your questions!
- EFF's Extended Guide to the Internet
- This guide from the Electronic Frontier Foundation claims to be "A round trip through Global Networks, Life in Cyberspace, And Everything." It is.
- Patrick Crispen's Internet Roadmap
- If you learn more by studying in an interactive manner, then the Roadmap is for you. There are 27 lessons which are designed to help educate you about various tools, commands, and resources that are at your disposal as an Internet user.
- Internet Web Text
- John December, author of "The Web Unleashed," provides plenty of resources to help you get started in everything from surfing to IRC.
- Internet Help, Guides, and Tutorials
- Refdesk.com provides a helpful list of links to Internet guides and tutorials.
- Sherlock, the Internet
- "Holmes would have been an Internet expert. Now you can get the latest tips, tricks, and resources direct from the world's greatest sleuth and his band of irregulars. Periodically the famous detective doffs his deerstalker and publishes a short article about effective use of the Internet."
- Hamline University Web Services
- Although some of the materials are specifically written for local users, there
is so much information here about many topics that you'll find yourself clicking
around this site for quite some time!
- ComputerUser's Computer Advisor
- "Check out our online internet information to learn the most basic or advanced online
skills. You'll find it easy to understand and links to download Internet software."
- Help-Site Computer Manuals
- Looking for a manual relating to your operating system or a basic book about
HTML? If the book is on-line you'll probably find it at this site, which links
together all kinds of computer reference manuals.
Top of This Page
Return to the Other Resource Index
At some point during your visit, please be sure to read our Disclaimer and Copyright
Common Concerns |
History & Jargon |
Other Resources |
Panic Button |
Site Guide |
Credits Contact & Info
Another hand-woven web site from
© Copyright 1995- Imaginary Landscape.
This page is archived at http://www.imagescape.com/helpweb