Django Developer - Full Remote
Imaginary Landscape is seeking a Django Developer who will work on a technical team that specializes in building, deploying, and maintaining Django web applications. This position is flexible and can be contract, part time or full time and 100% remote.
About the Position
You will frequently interact with Rackspace, AWS Cloud servers, Digital Ocean, and Heroku servers, as well as physical servers, in a variety of different configurations and utilizing a variety of Linux-based operating systems. You'll be using many modern web-dev tools, such as NGINX, PostgresSQL, MySQL, Redis, Memcached, Saltstack, Ansible, Fabric, Supervisord, Git, and more. You'll have the opportunity to interact with numerous 3rd party APIs. There is a ton of variety and lots of autonomy. If you are excited by this, we'd be excited to speak with you!
The most important background will include:
- Has experience using Python web frameworks (Django preferred)
- Is very familiar with the Python ecosystem as a whole
- Has some familiarity with SQL and databases
- Can create tables/indexes/queries
- Has some understanding of database design as it pertains to web development
- Is proficient in Git for coding and deployment
- Is very comfortable working in a Linux environment (Ubuntu, RedHat, etc.)
- Has familiarity with web technologies such as NGINX, Apache, uWSGI, Gunicorn, etc.
- Is comfortable learning new technologies and APIs and applying them to production systems
Imaginary Landscape is a web development agency that currently specializes in Django and Python. We've been hard-core Python developers since 1998, and Djangonauts since 2006. Over the years, we've built social networking sites, eCommerce sites, banking sites, hospital network sites, sites for startups, and more. Our loft offices are in the Andersonville neighborhood on Chicago’s north side, however this position is approved for 100% remote.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.