Software Engineer – Chicago
Imaginary Landscape is seeking a full-time Software Engineer who will work on a technical team that specializes in building, deploying, and maintaining Django web applications.
Imaginary Landscape is a web development agency that specializes in Django and Python. We've been hard-core Python developers since 1998, and have been Djangonauts since 2006. Over the years, we've built social networking sites, eCommerce sites, banking sites, hospital network sites, sites for startups, and more. Our loft offices are in the Andersonville neighborhood on Chicago’s north side, the work atmosphere is relaxed and we offer strong benefits.
About the Position
You will frequently interact with Rackspace, AWS Cloud servers, Digital Ocean, and Heroku servers, as well as physical servers, in a variety of different server configurations and utilizing a variety of Linux-based operating systems. You'll be using many modern web-dev tools, such as Nginx, PostgresSQL, MySQL, Redis, Memcached, Saltstack, Ansible, Fabric, Supervisord, Git, and more. You'll have the opportunity to interact with numerous 3rd party APIs. You may have opportunities to work with the latest front-end technologies, such as Node.js, Gulp/Grunt, React.js, Angular.js, etc. And more specifically, you will become an expert in Django. If you are excited by this, we'd be excited to speak with you!
Our ideal candidate is someone who:
- Has experience using Python web frameworks (Django preferred)
- Is very familiar with the Python ecosystem as a whole
- Has some familiarity with SQL and databases
- Can create tables/indexes/queries
- Has some understanding of database design as it pertains to web development
- Is proficient in Git for coding and deployment
- Is very comfortable working in a Linux environment (Ubuntu, RedHat, etc.)
- Has some familiarity with web technologies such as Nginx, Apache, uWSGI, Gunicorn, etc.
- Is comfortable learning new technologies and APIs and applying them to production systems
- Is willing to wear multiple hats related to web application development
- Can work full-time on-site at our Andersonville office
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.