DevOps Engineer – Chicago
Imaginary Landscape is seeking a DevOps Engineer to be part of our technical team. This individual will assist in developing, extending, deploying, and maintaining Django web applications on a variety of Linux platforms.
Imaginary Landscape is a web development agency that specializes in Django and Python. We've been hard-core Python developers since 1998 and Djangonauts since 2006. Over the years, we've built social networking sites, eCommerce sites, banking sites, healthcare system sites, sites for startups, and more. Our loft offices are in the Andersonville neighborhood on Chicago’s north side, the work atmosphere is relaxed and we offer strong benefits. Such as 100% healthcare for staff, their spouses and children, and no pre-set limit to personal time off.
About the Position
You will assist the software engineering team with server setup, monitoring, maintenance, deployment and related cloud-based technologies. We host websites on Rackspace, AWS, Heroku and Google in a variety of different configurations and utilizing a variety of Linux-based operating systems. You'll be using many modern web-dev tools, such as Docker, NGNIX, PostgreSQL, Redis, Memcached, Supervisor and more. You'll have the opportunity to interact with numerous 3rd party APIs. There is lots of variety and lots of autonomy. If you are excited by this, we'd be excited to speak with you!
The most important background will include:
- Systems administration experience with a variety of Linux systems
- DevOps experience with existing hosting companies such as AWS, Rackspace, Heroku and Google
- Experience with automated provisioning and deployment tools such as Docker, Saltstack Ansible and Fabric
- Experience using open source frameworks (doesn’t have to be Django)
- Experience with GitHub and/or Bitbucket for coding and deployment
- Familiarity with NGINX, Apache, uWSGI, Gunicorn and similar web technologies
- Comfort learning new technologies and APIs and applying them to production systems
- Willingness to wear multiple hats related to web application development
- Affinity for dogs
Do a little research and you’ll find that Imaginary Landscape is one of the best and most respected web development firms in the Chicago area with a national reputation for its long-standing support of Python and Django. If you would like to be part of our team, we’d like to talk. Start by telling us about yourself at firstname.lastname@example.org.