Sarah Bush Lincoln is a 149-bed, not-for-profit, regional hospital centrally located in East Central Illinois' Coles County. It is a high-performing rural healthcare provider. Imaginary Landscape has been their website vendor of record since 2010.
In conjunction with a site redesign, Imaginary conducted a website content study to examine the current informational architecture and user behavior and compared it against competitive websites and best practices. The recommendations from the study were incorporated into the information design of the newly redesigned website.
- Research user trends
- Examine user experience deficits
- Identify hospital-specific website goals
- Create a plan to reorganize content around study recommendations
The Services menu was a single listing of select specialties and service lines presented in alphabetical order without regard to conditions.
- Extensive analysis of Google Analytics to determine user trends and deficits
- Card sorting review of existing top-level navigation logic
- Indepth review and analysis of competitive websites
- Review of hospital website best practices and conventions
- Consolidation of findings into a report with specific recommendations
- Implementation of approved recommendations
The redesigned menu blends conditions and services to make it easier for visitors to find information while also allowing for the highlighting of specific specialties.
First appointment requests increased by 58% overall and by 67% from mobile devices. Traffic to Hospital Services increased by 59% with an increase of 185% to Wellness content.
The web is a strong medium used by patients to make informed healthcare choices. As a rural healthcare provider, we are using the web to connect with our local community, and Imaginary Landscape has played a substantial part in the execution of our vision.
- Patty Peterson, Director, Communications